- All are welcome to our Sunday morning service, which will be starting at 10am for a trial period in the new year (currently 9.30am) and lasts about 1 hour. There is a printed leaflet to guide you. Coffee is served after the service.
- Our minister, Helen Warmington, preaches regularly but we also have visiting preachers. Members are encouraged to take some part in services, particularly reading from the Bible.
- You can sit where you like in church.
- We normally sit to pray and to hear the word of God from Bible readings and through talks and sermon. The Bible reading and sermon are an important part of the service as we believe that God still speaks through the Bible today.
- We normally stand to sing hymns and choruses, led by the organ, piano or guitar. The music is a mixture of modern and traditional.
- Children and babies are welcome at our services. We do not have a separate 'Junior Church' at the moment and they are welcome to take part in the general service which lasts about one hour. We have colouring, books and toys available and we ask parents of young children to just come along and see how it goes. There is really no need to worry about a bit of noise! The rear door of the church opens onto our hall and anyone can slip out at any time if they need to. We hope in the future we will re-start a separate period of children's learning and activities, which would take place half way through the main service.
- We celebrate communion on the second Sunday of each month as part of our main service.
- This Church is supported financially by its friends and members, so there will be a collection at some point in most services.
- The door stewards will be pleased to help you and provide any additional information you may require.
- We hold Church Meetings every 3 months when members come together to discuss the church's business.
- The Manor Road Pre-School meets each weekday in the hall.
- Twinkly Stars Toddler Group has now closed, but we will be starting a Family Tea on the fourth Sunday of every month from the spring of 2018. All ages are welcomed and most especially parents and young children. Details to follow but contact Mary Nolze (01892 536727) or the Minister for further information.
- On Thursdays at 11am we meet for prayer in the church, when we pray for the church, the village and the wider world. There are small groups meeting during the week, where friendships are developed, faith is increased and outreach is encouraged.
- Often, the Fair Trade Café opens in the church hall offering fair-traded refreshments and goods. It is usually open once every month 10am-11.30am. All are welcome.
- On Wednesday morning from 10 till 11.30 the church is open for tea and coffee and all are invited to pop in.
- From time to time we organise social events, such as coffee mornings and a summer barbecue, to which village residents are very welcome.
- Also from time to time we run Alpha courses, which provide teaching on the basics of the Christian faith to any people who are interested.
There is disabled access to all parts of the building and there are toilets for the disabled in both church and hall.
If you require any further information please contact our Church Secretary, Mary Nolze, on 01892 536727.